Sorry we have had some technical difficulties the past few days doing this remotely from Seattle. We believe we have fixed it. The game on Sunday was almost another good comeback but ended with some bad ABs at the end.
- BREAKING NEWS: The Red Sox have come to the with SS Xander Bogaerts on an extension! It is a six year, $120MM deal, with a greeting team option given plate appearances and based on health. This is great news that they will be keeping much of the core together for several years! Mookie, you’re next!!!
- Pedroia update: He has been feeling great, and will be playing in a class A game tonight, expected to go all 9 innings!
- pitching Coach Dana Levangie did not like how Eddy did not follow the game plan in Saturday’s game. Blames that on his bad loss.
Benny was left out because of a foul ball in Saturday’s game. Cora did use him in the ninth inning rally, meaning he is not totally injured.
Sox got started early getting to a 3-0 lead in the first on a bases loaded single by Núñez! Porcello looked sharp in the first getting 2 K’s on only 12 pitches, but in the second struggled. Allowing a leadoff double and then a single, he then walks the number 8 hitter and then got beat by Gordon to allow 2 runs. 3-2 Sox after 2.
Everything went wrong for Porcello in the 3rd. After getting lifted after only two outs the mariners batted around, putting the score 9-3 with Brian Johnson coming in relief to end the inning. Starting pitching continues to the the thorn in our own side. Either workd series hangover or the lack of warming up in spring training has really hurt the starting pitching.
Sox get back within three after a long JD MARTINEZ HOME RUN!!!! 9-6! Vazquez walked and Devers singled and were two RBI for JD! Devers is really starting to heat up! Mookie had his first Dinger of the year in the 6th! Making it 10-7 after Bruce had a blast of his own.
The Red Sox put together a rally in the ninth, getting the bases loaded with only one out, but only pushed one run across on a Blake Swihart walk. two terrible ABs by Vazquez and JBJ to not even get the ball out of the infield.
Final Score: 10-8 Mariners
Final Box Scores
- Offense: has been great for the opening series scoring 24 runs in 4 games!
- Starting Pitching: They just really need to get into their groove. Porcello not even getting out of the 3rd was terrible on Sunday
- Bullpen: Another solid day only giving up one run over 5 1/3 IP. Brewer looked nasty and Brasier looked his stellar self
David Price vs the Oakland A’s Monday night. Oakland is coming off winning 3 out of 4 from the Angels. You can guarantee Price will be looking to be the one to stop the starting pitching woos.
Stay tuned and i’ll catch ya tomorrow. Talk to you then 🤙🏽
Header Photo Curtesy of Red Sox LA (Instagram Link)