This wasn’t a fun one to watch. Price looked nice to start, but then the HR bug effected him as well. There was a little hope to tie things up in the second, but that didn’t happen, then it just kept going downhill after that.
- Bogaerts had his press conference announcing the extension, making it official. Agent Scott Boras was present along with GM Dave Dombrowski
With an interesting flip flop of Benny and Betts, looking like last year’s lineup. Cora didn’t give an explanation on it, but we can expect there’s a reason for it.
The first time the Sox got a decent start from the rotation, the bats went silent. Not sure what happened there. Basically the only offense that the Sox got was a close play at the plate in the second. Bogaerts was safe as seen in this picture ⬇️ but even after replay they didn’t give it to him. It was quite the throw from Laureano in center.
Sure looks like his toe is touching, and the tag not close. But that’s just one man’s opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It didn’t prove to matter much: the middle innings were just a bunch of just of a pitcher’s duel, until the two run dinger off price in the 6th, and then the hit rally against Hembree in the eighth.
- Fresh off the press conference, Bogaerts went 2-3, pretty much everyone else was silent at the plate
- Price had a solid outing, the home run ball really bit him, allowing three. Had a fastball at 95 with 9 Ks though
- Thornburg sat a little slower (93 vs 95) with the fastball but had great command, pitching a 1-2-3 inning with a K and an easy popout
- Hembree was terrible. Allowing 3 runs on 4 hits and it was just one after another.
Final Box Scores
Not a fun one, but tomorrow is a new day. Chris Sale vs Mike Fiers
Stay tuned and i’ll catch ya tomorrow. Talk to you then 🤙🏽
Header Photo Curtesy of Red Sox LA (Instagram Link)