In one of the shortest games of the year at 2 hours and only 29 minutes, Mitchy Four Bags wins it all with one swing of the bat!
- Dustin Pedroia played nine innings yesterday and is flying home today to have one last physical to see if it’s time to be activated! Cross your fingers!
Mookie had the day off. He did come in later in the game for his defense.
In what seemed to be the biggest flaw of the Red Sox; the bullpen has been one of the lone bright spots of the team so far. If you remove the injured appearance of Brian Johnson, the bullpen has a 2.22 ERA so far this year. Barnes, Braiser and Workman have been nothing short of dominate and in yesterday’s bullpen game it showed no less. 9 innings of goose eggs.
The Red Sox had two chances in the third and the ninth but couldn’t push anything across. The lone but winning run of the day came on a Mitch Moreland HR just sneaking over Adam Jones’ glove in right.
- Benny has pushed his average to nearly .300 with a 2-4 night
- Velaquez came in to pitch and was nothing short of solid. 3 IP of 1 hit ball and we couldn’t have asked for anything more
- Barnes pitched TWO innings with no baserunners and two strikeouts
- Bradley who I pegged as a comeback player of the year candidate is hitting a paltry .184 this year.
Final Box Scores
Today is an off day, but on Tuesday we have Chris Sale vs Matt Shoemaker! Stay tuned and i’ll catch ya then. Talk to you then 🤙🏽
Header Photo Curtesy of NESN