What got a little scary in the end, the Red Sox pulled through for their first back to back wins of the year!
Eduardo Rodriguez was nothing short of spectacular for 6 innings, then lost some of his command in the 7th allowing a homer. He should not have gotten that far though, as on a pickoff play at second would have been the end of the inning if Bogaerts doesn’t drop the ball.
The Red Sox got to an early 1-0 lead with a Benny Biceps HR into the monster, and then scored two more on ROCKETS off the bats off Moreland, Bogaerts and Nunez tallying up to 3-0! They held that 3-0 lead until the homer that shouldn’t be in the 7th.
The Sox added some insurance runs in the 8th with contributions coming from JD, Bogey, Nunez singling JD in, and then JBJ with the Sac fly: 6-2. Thornburg came in and allowed a MOONSHOT over the monster to Renato Nunez after a walk to Mancini closing the gap a little to 6-4 but Braiser came in to close the door.
Final Score: 6-4 RED SOX
- AMAZING PLAY by JBJ off the center field wall! Scaling it like Spider-Man. Check it out ⬇️
- Moreland kept his hot streak going 2-4 with a double!
- Bogaerts going 3-4 with a double!
- After pretty much sailing through the first 6 innings, Eduardo Rodriguez couldn’t keep it together allowing a double and then a HR.
- Thornburg didn’t even get an out after walking the first man and then immediately allowing a homer OVER the monster.
Final Box Scores
Best thing about baseball is how it’s played nearly everyday! Today’s game is at 1:05 PM ET featuring Porcello vs Andrew Cashner! Stay tuned and I’ll tell you all about it. Talk to you then 🤙🏽
Header Photo Curtesy of Billie Weiss