In a completely utter disgrace of a game, the Sox lose to the Orioles of all teams. Physical mistakes, mental mistakes, misplays and terrible baseball. Worst loss of the year.
Right from the first inning Porcello didn’t have his command, nor the normal break and movement of his pitches. He was rather spectacular at limiting the damage, only allowing three runs on ELEVEN baserunners. Chris Davis broke his streak of going 0-54 with a 2 RBI single in the first.
The Sox tied up the game in the bottom of the 3rd on a Vazquez HR (he has looked better this year so far, offensively at least), and it stayed tied up for two innings: 2-2. In which was the strength so far, the Bullpen was who failed the Sox today. Brewer who had been so solid just fell apart when he was called upon in the 6th. Walk-Single-Walk-Single-Single and he was pulled leaving the game at 6-3.
Walden pitched two solid innings but his defense did not help out his cause. The Sox scored two more on a Vazquez double to score Devers and Pedey. Pedroia looked like his vintage self with a diving play in the 8th.
- Vazquez had a sweet swing on Saturday having 4 RBI (out of the 5 total runs scored)
- Thornburg had a clean inning with a K
- Porcello limiting the damage
- Brewer just falling completely apart not even getting ONE out
- Only 2 true errors but there were several mental mistakes, misplayed balls and just plain bad execution
- The Red Sox were being 1 hit until the 6th inning
Final Box Scores
Best thing about baseball is how it’s played nearly everyday! Today’s game is at 1:05 PM ET featuring David Price vs John Means! Stay tuned and I’ll tell you all about it. Talk to you then 🤙🏽
Header Photo Curtesy of Red Sox LA (Instagram Link)