Mookie’s Cookie Red Sox is here to bring you a daily recap of the Sox game, plus keep you updated on everything that is going on in Red Sox Nation.
Want to stay updated? Subscribe HERE
Here is an example of the daily coverage ⬇️
What a great sight. Seeing the Sox actually pummel an opponent. Before Thornburg allowed the three in the top of the ninth, the Sox had an 11-1 lead. See how it got there ⬇️
- Apparently a few days ago, Pedroia showed ERod a new grip to hold his slider. That is what that picture is above ⬆️ , it worked to perfection last night.
- Pedroia was turning double plays and doing home to second sprints during the pre game work, maybe looking to a return soon.
The Sox got off scoring quickly this game which is always nice! 2-0 Sox after a blooper RBI hit and a hit and run by Vazquez has the Sox leading by 2 after 2! Eddy Rodriguez and Ross both got into a groove from the third through the 5th, Eddy actually had a no hitter through 5 until he allowed a single; but 8 Ks through 5 with only 3 total base runners is pretty dang good!
In the 6th, the Sox got a walk from benny who scored on a double high off the monster from Mookie! Moreland took a walk and JD hit one to the wall scoring Mookie from second! 4-0 Sox! The Tigers did get a run in on a sac fly after Eddy allowed a lead off double.
In the top of the 8th, Barnes was looking great, getting two quick strikeouts, but he might of gotten a little cocky because then he allows three strait base runners, but then strikes out the next batter on three pitches.
The Sox tacked on several more runs on an ugly the bottom of the inning. Chavis gets hit by the pitch, then steals second, and Vazquez drives him in. Benny then hits one to the monster driving Vazquez in! Moreland walked to load the bases and Bogaerts walked to force in a run! Then Devers takes ANOTHER WALK to force in Mookie! But guess what. Chavis comes to plate and sees four pitches. All four were balls! 9-1 Sox! verHagen just totally fell apart. Farmer comes into the game and singles just past the outreaching hands of the first baseman scoring 2!
Thornburg just couldn’t find the strike zone in the ninth when he allows 3 runs allowing a single, a double and two walks.
Final Score: 11-4 Red Sox!!
- Eduardo Rodriguez was just completely lights out. He had a no hitter through 4 innings and just ended his day allowing five total base runners.
- The Red Sox offense looked back on track scoring 6 runs before VerHagen just fell completely apart.
- Betts went 2-4 pushing his avg up to .250!
- Thornburg is just getting lower and lower on the depth chart. Cora had told reporters that Walden has already passed him up, and after two walks, a single and a double, its going to be hard to keep him on the roster. His ERA has inflated to a frightening 7.59.
Final Box Scores
Best thing about baseball is how it’s played nearly everyday! Today’s game is at 7:10 PM ET featuring Jordan Zimmermann vs Rick Porcello! Both pitchers are looking to right the wrong ship they’ve been on so far this year. Stay tuned and I’ll tell you all about it. Talk to you then 🤙🏽
Header Photo Curtesy of Red Sox Twitter